Gland Nuts

I use a Craftsman 3 HP Air compressor regulated to about 100 PSI.  I can't remember the right torque for that nut but I know that it
is high so I put it on with the air wrench also.  When I first had one I could not take off, I went to a VW mechanic who took it off this
way.  And then he put it on the same way.  He quote "does them all that way". The air wrench I have is torque adjustable if you
can believe that.  It has a 5 position setting.  I take it off with the full setting and put it back on with the middle setting.  I have done
three this way and have not had any problems.
Craig Woolston
Lockheed Martin Skunk Works
cwoolsto@ladc.lockheed.com