Gland Nuts

>From: "Curtis N. Dilday" <cdilday@mail.win.org>

>I'm rebuilding the original motor for my automatic 70 squareback (Betty).
>Does anyone have any helpful hints on how to get the flywheel nut off the
>flex-plate?  You can't just lock the flywheel like you can on a normal motor.

I used a six foot length of angle iron with a pair of holes drilled in it
the right distance apart so that I could bolt it to 2 of the holes in the
drive plate.  Then just use the same wrench that you would on a manual
transmission.

Jim
       jadney@vwtype3.org              jadney@vwtype3.org
                             Laura Kepner-Adney