Pulley shroud

>From: Jeff <jknipe9@idt.net>

>The pulley shroud on my Squareback has two extra cutouts in it (approx.
>4 cm. diam., not the timing port), unconnected to anything.  Does anyone
>think it's important to seal them up?

They are for the extra V-belt that drive the compressor for the
dealer-installed air conditioning.  You would be best off to get an intact
one so you could be assured of getting only cool air pulled in for air
cooling the engine.

>On a related topic, those of you who have done some oxy-acetylene
>welding on cooling tin: what tip size and approximate gas pressures do
>you use? Thanks in advance.

10-15 psi of each, orifice diameter about the thickness of the metal or a
bit smaller.

Jim
       jadney@vwtype3.org              jadney@vwtype3.org
                             Laura Kepner-Adney