Re: Jets for 32PDSITs

>Hello,
>
>I own a 69 Fastback which was converted from f.i to carbs (I got it this way
>unfortunately).  Anyhow I've rebuilt the carbs but notice a strange situation
>with regards to the jets in the carbs.  Basically the left side has different
>jets than the right side.  Specifically, the jets are as follows:
>
>  Side            Venturi      Main      Air Corr   Pilot
>
>Left (Port)          24         x132.5      150      gf55
>Right (Stbd)         24         x130        120      gf55
>
>Everything else is the same, ie., float needle valve dia, accel pump cap.,
>etc...
>
>I have balanced these carbs and the engine runs fairly well but it is not as
>smooth as I think it should be (judging by my 67 beetle sp).
>
>Has anyone else run across this in their carburated T3's?  BTW I have a very
>old Chilton's printed in Sept of 1973 which lists all the various jets used in
>all the VW's up to that time and it appears the jets in my carbs are correct
>(left vs right) for a 1600cc motor from T0244544 up to T0576723.  Anyhow I
>don't see the reason for putting different jets in the left versus right
>carbs.
>
>Thoughts or suggestions?
>
>Thanks
>
>Eric

Eric,

I belive it was done so that cyl#3 run a bit more rich & therefore cooler.
I have some manuals with carb settings, I'll look them up in the next few
days.

Regards,
Steve Farmer

Heads Together Systems Pty Ltd
PO Box 461 Rozelle, NSW, 2039
Sydney, Australia

Net: hts@hts.com.au
Tel: 612 9982 6767
Fax: 612 9981 3081
Visit our Web Site at http://www.hts.com.au/~hts

Minds are like parachutes, they work best when open.