Re: Reply to oil leak in bellows

On 31 Dec 97, Keith Park wrote:

> THere is no seal on the pulley, just an oil slinger, what you were seeing it the
> result of an overpressurized crankcase from a burned or galled piston
> most likely, and most likely caused from an overworked engine on a hot day
> trying to keep the A/C going.

You're right about the seal of course, but I still can't see the oil
coming out of the end of thecrank and not getting slung out by the
large fan, let alone pushing upstream past  the intake fan.

Now if he said it was dripping out of the bottom of the fan
housing....  Still, if it is coming out the rear, by the crank, then
it usually spills out between the case and the forward half of the
fan housing.

Jim
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                         jadney@vwtype3.org