Re[2]: The Color of Propane -- Final (fwd) (re: engine tin p

Text item: Text1

If I may speak on behalf of my interpretation...

I gathered from the text that Bob was talking about the engine compartment tin
and not the cooling tin that surrounds and connects to the engine.
Specifically, it would be the firewall tin that separates the engine from the
tranny (you guys know what I mean) and [on the Type I] the sheet metal that the
fresh air hoses pass through to go to the heat exchangers (is that the breast
tin?).  Basically it's all the tinware that surrounds the *entire* engine.

Now, I understand the importance of the color as it relates to cooling and I
*don't* have a great deal of knowledge about the T1 engine with all its extra
sheetmetal but at first blush I would think that coloring the compartmental
sheetmetal some other color would be okay.

My Type 3 cents,
     Toby Erkson, air_cooled_nut@pobox.com
     '72 VW Squareback 1.6L bored and stroked to 2.0L
     '75 Porsche 914 1.8L, ORPCA member