Re: Squareback a/c

Swamp coolers only work in places with low humidity.  Here in Florida,
they're no good.

The best source for A/C for all types of VW is Gilmore Enterprises,
Clearwater, FL  813-573-2944.  Ask for Ed.  He makes kits with instructions
for installation.  We have one in our '73 Squareback
 ( http://www.knowitallproductions.com/vw ) and it works great.  Has 134-A
modern refrigerant.