Why Not Paint the Heads for Cooler Engine?

Volks:

While painting my new cylinders with flat, heat-resistant black paint today
(yes, I know that it is Christmas, but with no family here, it seemed the
logical thing to do), I started to wonder why no one has stated that it is
essential to pain the silver-colored aluminum head fins with flat black
paint.  In fact, I have not even seen anyone allude to painting the head
fins flat back to better transfer heat.  Why is this?  Why paint the
cylinder fins black to radiate heat while leaving the much hotter cylinder
heads their natural, shiny silver-colored aluminum?

Didn't paint mine yet, but may after I hear your comments.

BTW, Tom Wilson suggests painting the cylinder fins flat black to transfer
heat better.

Thanks much and Happy Holidays,

John
'65 1500s Variant