Re: Engine cleaning

=> What product(s) would be recommended for cleaning a T3 engine?

On the recommendation of our local drag-race king I used Easy-Off on my
rear end parts, including the transaxle case. Sprayed it on in cold
(50F-ish) weather, let it soak for half an hour, power-washed it off. It
worked pretty well, even on the caked-up gunk, and didn't eat into paint
or metal. Maybe they've changed the formula?

While we're on case preservation, has anyone found a good formula for
recreating the factory (gold-tone) case coating?

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
Happy holidays, everyone!