Re: Whassis? Gas heaters

At 8:02 AM -0500 12/24/97, Keith Park wrote:

>Ark, correct me if I'm wrong, but the BN2 wasn't avail until 1970.  This is

	Ark unsubscribe several weeks back.

>Be careful, the heaters got a bad name from those early 60's units as flame
>throwers, they didn't have the safety's of the later models and would catch

	I've never met anyone first-hand who's had a gas heater catch fire.
I usually here, "Gas heaters?  They'll send your car up in flames."  "Ever
seen it happen?"  "No."  I don't doubt that it *can* happen, but I haven't
come across a single first-hand anecdote of such a disaster.  In some
sense, they seem like they'd be a lot safer than an internal combustion
engine (which burns very hot, and has steel flying around very fast to
boot!).

-Greg

'69 & '71 Squarebacks
'63 Beetle