Re: Idea for T3.org

Hi all,

	folks have always been invited to share pictures of their rides at:

	http://www-personal.umich.edu/~gregm/T3/scrapbook/scrapbook.html

I'll be reworking this and moving it to vwtype3.org/scrapbook (short &
sweet, eh?).  As far as transferring files goes, vwtype3.org is also an
anonymous ftp server!  We'll be setting up a new protocol for its use--for
example, notify me (or another designated person) by e-mail that you want
to put some pics there for the scrapbook, or use it for exchanging T3 files
w/ other T3 folks ("hey everybody, I put that picture of my car on the ftp
server, you can go get it...").

	This isn't meant to be a permanent ftp site--we'll use it for
temporary & convenient file sharing, so files will be subject to deletion
after a short time.  I will be putting all of this info in the "README"
file of the ftp server.

	I also now have a scanner, so I too can help digitize people's
pictures.

	Regarding the t-shirts, I'll take one!  ...though, count me out as
far as planning/logistics go:  I've got my hands full at the moment.  :)

-Greg
'69 & '71 Squarebacks
'63 Beetle