Re: Air Cooler Engine...

	The original design requirements for the Beetle (in the 1940s)
included that it be able to maintain 100km/hr (about 60 miles per hour)
with four people, ALL DAY.  On a number of occasions I have driven Beetles
& Squares for twelve hours or more, stopping only for gas (and maybe half
an hour for a bite to eat), including desert travel at temperatures of 105F
or more.  Even used my Square to tow my Beetle 400 miles in such conditions!

-Greg
'69 & '71 Squarebacks
'63 Beetle