Re: wipers

On 18 Dec 97, John Clift wrote:

> Whoever said it first was right on. The wiper blades for my 71 Fastback
> are different lenghts. The Drivers side is a teeny bit shorter than the
> passenger side. I bought my last wipers from Pep Boys and although I did
> not buy the cheapo ones, the wipers I did get were same size. I installed
> them and trimmed the drivers side about a half inch or less. Next time I
> will try to make sure I dont get a one size fits several version.

Vw (& SWF) made many sizes of wiper blades, every cm or even less,
the fact that yours didn't match when you got it doesn't mean that
they didn't originally.  For a 71, both sides take a 311 955 425D,
the microfilm doesn't specify a size, but it does specify two
identical blades.

The US equivalent is 15" for that year.

Jim
                             Laura Kepner-Adney