Cool tins.........

People. Yes those tins did come out on later model type 3's from
factory. No BS! In fact they are not the same left and right! No they
are not the same. The right hand side allows for heat to the air cleaner
from memory (I am probably wrong) but yes they are standard on late
models and yes they fit all models even if they are broken, wire them on
like you have to with the taiwan ones anyway. I always use them on all
of my engines now however Gene Berg said to a friend of mine they
shouldn't realy be used on the upright motors due to incorrect air-flow
and in all reality I have not had a over heating problem with any motors
including big CC units installed in Type 1/2 vehicles. So use your brain
on this. If VW stuck them in late model type 3's then they cant be a bad
thing. I have a pair on my 1977 Type 2 with a 1776cc that gets wound
very hard every day (2nd gear burnouts etc) and no over heating so there
you go!

Aaron.
--
                      \|/