Parcel tray results

For those interested, the general result of the parcel tray question was
that the trays mount via screws drilled into the fender wells.

I recently came across a weird parcel tray, it is made of pressboard with a
wooden lip on the "front" (toward the front of the car) and a vinyl covered
knee pad toward the "back" (toward the seats).  It is solid in nature and
covered with a basket-weave wallpaper material.  It mounts via 4 screws on
the "back" and the "front" is held up by a loop of material around the
steering column.

Sound cheesy yet?

My ex-'63 Squareback had this same exact parcel tray, which I had assumed
at the time was homemade (which explains why I sold it with the car) but
apparently at least 2 people actually laid out some money to buy it.  Ha,
suckers!

I realized there's a picture of it installed in my ex-'63 on my web site,
here's a link so everyone who is "kewl" can go build one:
http://ebus.simplenet.com/Volkswagen/63square101.jpg

Since I have no life, I went for the cheap restoration on it and spent an
hour cleaning it last night with a toothbrush and soapy water while my wife
laughed at me.

It cleaned up real nice, so I'm installing it tonight - be jealous!

Bye,
Everett Barnes                    The Type II and III Experience
ebus@ebus.simplenet.com           http://ebus.simplenet.com/Volkswagen