Re: Squareback seals

&nbsp;

<P>Everett + Jennepher wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>I heard some disturbing news about the quality of
replacement outside
<BR>window scraper seals.&nbsp; A user of them said he bought a set and
the chrome
<BR>stripping was so flimsy that they bent out of shape just putting them
in.
<BR>He ended up using his original chrome stripping and just riveting on
<BR>modified inside scrapers.

<P>Does anyone else have any feedback on these?
<BR>I'm being tempted by the $40 price tag from California Import Parts.
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR><A HREF="http://ebus.simplenet.com/Volkswagen";></A>&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm looking at a brand new set of these from CIP. The "chrome" isn't chrome.
It's aluminum, just like the aluminum molding on the windows, same thickness,
maybe even a bit thicker. Yes, it's easy to bend out of shape ... it's
aluminum!

<P>I haven't tried to install it yet, so I don't know how well it conforms
to the original shape of the window.

<P>Steve B.
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>