Re: Wipers

Charles E. Whitney wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I believe this topic was covered just a little while ago, but it's one
> of those things that you ignore if it's not a current problem.  Can't
> wait for the archive so I don't have to bother everyone.  So,
>
> What are the correct wipers for my '67 Square?  A local supplier had
> some NOS wipers ( $ 14.00/wiper) but they looked short.
>
> Are both wipers the same length?
>
> Thanks,
> Charlie
Charlie and all,
	Here is a summary of what I've learned preparing for winter.
	Up to '67 the left and right wiper arms were the same length, part
#311.955.407A.  You can order this part through your VW dealer $13, they
have 38 pieces somewhere in the U.S.  Unfortunately, they don't keep the
two clamping styles separated (same part#).  I had to reorder a third
arm to get a matching clamp type (set screw verses pinching bolt).
The set screw was superceded at some point by the pinching bolt type.
	In '68 they arms became a matched set, but more importantly got a
larger diam. attaching "stud".
	At some point ('72?) the arms became the same length again and got a
beveled knurled stud, with a bolt from above.

Peter Parker
'66 Square; Phillip
Portland, OR