Subject: rustophobia
Author:  type-3-errors@umich.edu at SMTPGATE_MIME
Date:    12/15/97 3:51 AM

Oh, Jeez, Toby,
  "rust free" is one of those relative terms like "fast" and "low
calorie".  For some of us, just having floorboards is 'rust free' while
the resto nuts will crawl into the heater channels in search of those
yummy brown flakes ('rust- it's not just for breakfast anymore')
  I'm still learning not to stress too much over rusty spots, but when I
buy a car, I tend to go for the 'if I can see any at all, there's gotta
be a few lurking welder projects'  approach... and 'clean' means it'll
take less than a week to clean the rust sopts up!
the other Toby

Toby Erkson wrote:

> Unless the vehicle was a *complete* pan-off job there will be rust.
snip

  I don't want to burst
> your bubble but I'm just relaying the reality.  If you truly have a T3 with
> absolutely no rust then consider yourself very, very lucky!

snip