Re: A question for Greg and the list

At 3:50 PM -0600 12/15/97, Big Al wrote:
>Did anyone pick up and continue the Census while I was on sabatical?

	Nope--it's still all your baby. :)

	However... we will (shortly) have the potential to do this in an
automated way via the new web site, which supports cgi (that'll let us do
forms & maintain databases & stuff like that).  Folks will be able to add
their own entries, and the dbase can be searched, etc.

	The first priority, though, will be to get the list up & going in
tip-top shape (so that folks can subscribe in digest form, change their
status automatically, etc.).  This will be followed shortly (or nearly
simultaneously) by adding the web "mirror" of the e-mail list & the
FAQ/archive of threads from the past year of the list, available via both
web & e-mail autoresponders.  (Heh--this is gonna be cool.)  I also see
Type III only classifieds as a high priority, and would put that feature
high up on the list.

later,
-Greg
'69 & '71 Squarebacks