Re:rims

On 12 Dec 97, Tom Carrington wrote:

> I have Porsche 2.0 liter alloys on my 65 Notch, they are 15 x 5.5" if I
> remember correctly.
>
> The front end is lowered 2 notches, and I run Michelin 135SR15 tires..no
> problem there.

Except that for every rim width there is a range of recommended tire
widths, and a 135 is WAY too narrow for this rim.  Your Michelin
dealer has the details.

> The rear is at stock height, and I am using Pirelli 185/65HR15, and they
> just barely fit. No rubbing, but I never have passengers in the rear.

I have used 185s on stock rims in the rear also.  They just barely
clear, but they did work.  Unfortunately this was years ago and they
were standard profile (80 series) so they made the car a bit tall and
wobbly.

Jim
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                         jadney@vwtype3.org