Re: Rims

All the T3 wheels have a 46mm offset.  You should be able to read a "46"
stamped somehwere in the center of the wheel disk between two of the lug
bolt holes.  For the most part, T1 wheels have different offsets; they will
still clear the calipers, but they can lead to tire/fender clearance
problems.
<snip>
Slide one end of the straightedge outward until
it comes close to the edge of the rim where the wheel weights
normally fit.  On a T3 wheel the straightedge will hit the outermost
edge of the rim, but will still clear the inside of the curl where
the wheel weight would fit by about 1/8".

Are you sure?  I have a set of rims from a '67 Square - they all say '41'
and pass your straightedge test.

>You'll need to try this to understand it.
Ha-ha, funny!

I don't know.  I would guess that you would need 4-bolt hubcaps to
fit your 4-bolt wheels.  I believe all 4-bolt hubcaps will fit any
4-bolt wheels; T2 parts might be an exception.

You are correct, which I should have recalled.  The 5-lug hubcaps have a
different lip shape and thus cannot be placed over the hubcap "rim" on the
later 4-lug wheels.  The trim rings from a '65 do fit, however, when used
with 4-lug hubcaps.

Thanks for all your feedback on this and other issues!

Regards,
Everett & Jennepher Barnes
ebus@ebus.simplenet.com