Update on T3 color wiring diagrams.

T3,

I have received quite a few mails about the color wiring diagrams that I
found and I would now like to send out a list of what is available should
anyone need one of these.

Once I went through the entire pile of Volkswagen paperwork, I discovered
that a lot of what is listed in the table of contents is missing.  I will
skip the T1, T2, T4, T181 and other stuff (there was even a repair manual
printed in 1944 for the Typ 82, all in German!) and just let you know about
our favorite subject, the Type III.  Of course, if you own other Volkswagen
models, feel free to email me and I will see what is left.

US models (covers all versions of the Type 3 range)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .

1. August 1966 --> one A4 sized page and additional folded sidebar for the
text explanation. This covers all T3 models produced after 8/66 until the
next diagram was printed.

2. August 1969 --> one A4 sized page and additional folded sidebar for the
text explanation. This covers all T3 models produced after 8/69 until the
next diagram was printed.

3. Additional: one A4 sized page with folded sidebar. A separate diagram in
black and white that covers the heated rear window, automatic transmission
and other electrical equipment. Wire colors also explained.

4. August 1970 --> one A4 sized page and additional folded sidebar for the
text explanation. This covers all T3 models produced after 8/70 until the
next diagram was printed.

5. Additional: one A4 sized page with folded sidebar. A separate diagram in
black and white that covers the heated rear window, automatic transmission
and other electrical equipment. Wire colors also explained.

6. August 1971 -->one A3 sized page with all text printed below the diagram
itself. This covers all T3 models produced after 8/71 until the next
diagram was printed.

7. Additional: one A4 sized page with folded sidebar. A separate diagram in
black and white that covers the automatic transmission model. Wire colors
also explained.

8. August 1972 --> one A3 sized page with all text printed on the right
side of the diagram itself. This may be the last diagram produced for the
T3 as the table of contents does not list anything after 8/72 although the
entire binder is dated 12/75.

All other models (non-US export Type III)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .

9. August 1966 --> one A4 sized page and additional folded sidebar for the
text explanation. This covers all T3 models produced after 8/66 until the
next diagram was printed.

10. August 1968 --> one A4 sized page and additional folded sidebar for the
text explanation. This covers all T3 models produced after 8/68 until the
next diagram was printed.

11. August 1970 --> one A4 sized page and additional folded sidebar for the
text explanation. This covers all T3 models produced after 8/70 until the
next diagram was printed.

12. Additional: one A4 sized page and additional folded sidebar for the
text explanation. This is a separate color diagram that covers the heated
rear window, automatic transmission, interior fan motor, radio interference
removal (do not ask me what this means - just a direct translation from
Finnish to English), brake warning light, gas heater and electronically
controlled fuel injection equipment.

13. August 1971 --> one A3 sized page with all text printed below the
diagram itself. This covers all T3 models produced after 8/71 until the
next diagram was printed.

14. August 1972 --> one A3 sized page with all text printed on the right
side of the diagram itself. This may be the last diagram produced for the
T3 as the table of contents does not list anything after 8/72 although the
entire binder is dated 12/75.

15. Additional: one A4 sized page with folded sidebar. This is a separate
color diagram that covers automatic transmission, gas heater and fuel
injection equipment. Wire colors also explained.

There you have it.  I can have color copies of these made - some of you
will be receiving your in the mail soon - and then I recommend getting them
laminated for use around your Volkswagen.

Email me if you would like to get more information.

Patrick

P a t r i c k  J o e l  M o r t o n

patmor@utu.fi
Rauhankatu 28 as 27