Re: Can it be done??

On 10 Dec 97, Keith Park wrote:

> Is there enough room with the engine in the car to get the cylinder head off
> after you dropped the exaust????

I had a customer who refused to take my advice.  He completely
removed both heads, all four pistons and cylinders, the fan and
housing, sheet metal and thermostat linkage, all the FI system and
the generator.  When I got to his house all that was there was the
block and the distributor.

It took less than 15 minutes to show him how simple it was to remove
the engine after that.  I think he eventually realized how silly that
had been.

Jim
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                         jadney@vwtype3.org