[Fwd: Re: radio?!]

--- Begin Message ---
n-link wrote:

> > Somebody give me some light on this. On Blaupunkt radios, where and
> how it supports itself. Is there more than a radio bracket?....
> (es-snip)
> Thanks Jim, You clear me up in a lot of things...now!! any of those
> "pullouts" for sale around here??!!
> ;-)
I have a Blaupunkt Laguna CD43 in my Notch. I had originally thought to
go the Innovations Fiberglass center console route, with the radio and
ge/amp installed there also, but I was able to score a metal and mesh
under dash parcel tray which was 100 pts. cooler. So I have 07'd the
center console (any buyers? offers? never used!) and I had a plastic
under dash mount from an old Square that I was actually smart enough to
hold on to for a few years. How to meld the two? The Blaupunkt had a
detachable face and an "installation sleeve" that was meant for an
in-dash install, so I copied the dimensions of the sleeve onto the
mount, cut it out and secured the sleeve in it, set the radio inside,
and Voila! pseudo-factory install! The mount has a slim raised silver
detail that matched the face plate of the radio exactly, I just had to
secure the ground/support strap to the rear of the radio and then to the
underside of the dash. Looks good, works good, now all I need is a
Blaupunkt amp to round it out, maybe Santa at the mall will listen to
me....
David Walters
'73 1600 L Notch
S. FL, USA