Re: radio?!

On  9 Dec 97, panin@n-link.com wrote:

> Somebody give me some light on this. On Blaupunkt radios, where and how it
> supports itself. Is there more than a radio bracket? AT THE NONA web page,
> under Options & Accessories are two pics with what it looks like a sleeve
> where the radio fit into. If that so, does anybody have this part for sale?
> I will like to install a radio (Blaupunkt) to my 68 Notch. So far I have the
> radio bracket(two actually) and that is it!!  ;-)  I can trade my extra
> bracket for this part.

Depends on the radio.  Blaupunkt made one radio that was a "pullout"
type so you could take it with you on your picnic. Perhaps the sleeve
you see was the mount for this radio.

All the rest that I know of mounted under the dash using two quite
different brackets, front and rear.  The front bracket bolted to the
lip at the bottom of the dash and extended down; it had holes for the
radio's two control shafts to come through, then extra shaft nuts
locked it in place.  The rear bracket mounted to the firewall and had
arms that reached to each side of the back of the radio and supported
it there.  Then a plastic/foam/vinyl shroud covered everything and
tidied up the installation.  It is possible that this shroud is the
sleeve in question.  These are hard to find in good condition.  Mine
are not for sale.

Jim
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                         jadney@vwtype3.org