Re: automatic to manual

On  9 Dec 97, Splattman wrote:

> Well I have one question.  How difficult would it be to convert my 72 Fastback
> Automatic transmission to a manual transmission?  What parts will I need to
> buy, and can i do this or do i need to ask for the help of a skilled
> proffessional?

I think the hard part is putting in the clutch cable tube which is
welded into the frame tunnel in a MT car.  I've always been sorry
that VW didn't figure out a way to use that same tube for the AT
shift cable so the pans could have been the same.

Jim
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                         jadney@vwtype3.org
                             Madison, Wisconsin