Re: Rear engine mount

To my non technical way of thinking, I always wondered how the wishbone on the
Beetles stood the strain of having a weighty engine hanging off the end of it
by two bolts - when the T3 came out, the engine, having all the air cooling
etc.. stuck on the back, instead of the front of the engine making it longer
and heavier still, would have needed some extra support at the rear, I guess
this is the reason for the rear engine mount on both the swing axle and IRS
models.
Just my 2¢ worth.

Andy.