Re:Re:Fuel Question?

On  8 Dec 97, SqrBack69 wrote:

> When the car is off, that is, when the key is off, the fuel pup keeps
> running.. You can hear it, and you can hear the fuel gurgling in the tank.
> Now, since I'm not using the car, I leave it in the garage, but I don't take
> the key out of the ignition... maybe that's why the pump won't stop.  I'll try
> that..

Is this still fuel injected?  In no case should the fuel pump run
with the key on.  Someone has miswired something and of course you
will run your battery down.  As long as the ignition is in the OFF
position it should make no difference whether the key is in or out.

Jim
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                         jadney@vwtype3.org
                             Madison, Wisconsin