Re: Rear engine mount

JimA=> I don't remember what part is spotwelded.

I'm talking about the actual bracket for the donut. It makes the flat
spot on the underside of the engine lid.

=> it is clear that this rear mount was NEVER called upon to do much.

I'm only working from general knowledge here, but I'd come to the
conclusion that its purpose is to limit axial motion when the engine is
torquing, where otherwise it might pop out of gear. Am I way off base?

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ