Major rust problem

  Today I ventured upon a major problem.  Since, I have never looked under the
floor where my battery sits I decided to take a look at it today.
Unfortunately,  it was worse than I imagined.  There is one spot that has
already rusted through.  Also,  there is a brace of some sort that goes from
the wall(by the heating vent) to the floor that has become so rusted that it
has detatched from the floor.   Basically, the entire floor has a coating of
rust.  some spots are more coated than others.

  What am I to do?  Is this repairable with some sanding and rust removal?

Hunter