More on squeeling brakes

Well, I hate to buck the tide (not), but, I went to a tune-up shop
here in Atlanta today to get my oil changed and the mechanic in the
bay next to me was doing a brake job on late model F*rd.

He had just got the front rotors back from getting them turned and
was using an air drill with a tool attached on the faces of the
rotors. I asked him what he was doing and he said he was "swirling"
them to keep the pads from squeeling. I asked him if that stopped it
and he told me that it doesn't always stop it completely but that it
makes a big difference. I asked what tool he was using and he said
it was a special air tool made just for this purpose.

Looks like there's now at least two mechanics in Atlanta that don't
know how to stop disc brakes from squeeling. There is apparently
also a tool manufacturer that is taking advantage of all these
mis-guided brake  mechanics. Think we should report them?

Steve B.

Steve B.