Re[2]: again considering 12v conversion

TobyE=> Is there a 12v generator that is the size of the 6v generator?

Yes, I bought one and it fits beautifully. You can see it in an ad on p.
80 of the January VW Trends.

=> is a larger generator better than a smaller one (voltage and amperage
=> being the same, I presume) and why?

Dunno about that, but they clearly come in all sizes for different makes.

=> If they're the same why did VW go with a bigger object?

Maybe better generator cooling?  Adapting to a particular supplier? Just
guesses.

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ