Re: Hello + Manual '73 Square

On 29 Aug 97, Ambroziu Kohn wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> I am a new joiner to the list, and it is more than nice to meet you
> all ! Great feeling to share my Type-3 enthusiasm, especially from
> here in Jerusalem, where everyone is looking for the "last shout"
> cars - but what about the SOUL ? (and the design...,and the
> quality..., and the reliability...,and the sound..., and...,
> and...,). My first question : which manual should I buy for my fresh
> '73 Squareback L (1600 cc, manual, dual Solex 32-34 PDSIT 2-3,
> american model) ? Thanks a lot!

This is by far the best manual, except for the dual carbs. For the
carbs you will have to look around, ask questions, and learn.   All
US T3s 68-73 were FI.

Volkswagen Official Service Manual, Type 3
Fastback and Squareback 1968-1973
published by Robert Bentley, Cambridge, Mass, 1974
ISBN 0-8376-0057-X / LPV 997 383 / VSQU
(excellent book, complete and well written)

Jim
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                         jadney@vwtype3.org
                             Madison, Wisconsin