an engine Q for the experts

OK

Stock 1600 I rebuilt myself and at 54K I am starting to see the blue cloud
when I come off the expressways on decelleration

Heads/guides/valves are 10K mi old so I'm thinking rings

Engine is well maintained and has had no traumatic events and doesn't use and
excessive amount of oil now eather but I'm a gettin' that blue cloud.  The
engine has seen almost all highway miles sitting at 68-70MPH for long
periods.

My Question:  I used Cofap, double checked ring gaps and all but is
Cofap crap??  WHAT IS RECCOMENDED??  should I bother with  forged in
a stock engine??

I have a set of Cofap dishes ready for my next engine..  should I use
better rings with the pistons?? better barrels??

Alot of Q's but thanks to anyones help.. I was hoping to get alot more out of
these and the bottom end is still real good so maybe I'll just do the top end.

Keith
parkkj@crd.ge.com