Re: Back In The Saddle

On 25 Aug 97, Charles E. Whitney wrote:

> Problem: As correctly diagnosed by the esteemed Mr. Keith Park - One
> of the arms which holds the throw out bearing broke off the shaft.

Congratulations, Keith.  I have never liked the looks of the weld
that attaches the arms to that shaft.  If I recall correctly there is
always a nice big weld on exactly the wrong side of the arm.  I take
these in to work any time I have an engine out and have our welder
TIG a nice puddle on the tension side of the junction.

Jim
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                         jadney@vwtype3.org
                             Madison, Wisconsin