Re: Re[2]: Gas Mileage eating up!

At 10:08 8/25/97 PDT, you wrote:
>Adding an extractor on a stock setup may not be a good idea since
>over-scavanging can reduce your mileage.  I believe I've read this but I
>can't recall the material and knowing my fantastic memory I could be
>totally wrong -- can anyone expound on this (the extractor on a stock
>motor, not the mileage part)?

I've read a couple of different places (don't remember where, maybe HVW
newest engine mag) that an extracter with sigle QP is good for a stock
motor but a dual QP will over scavenge. Berg also said to use a single QP
with a stock or reletively (not bored or stroked) engine. My stinger
definately doesn't make as much power down low but it sure sounds good :)
Later,
Marty
Marty Gray           |Without Weapons the
pinball@camalott.com | Air Force is Just
Abilene, TX          |  Another Airline
96 Dodge Ram / 68 VW Fastback (The Egg)