Re: T3 full-flow problems? HELP!

On 24 Aug 97, Ginger D.&Peter P. wrote:

>  Of all the after-market hop-ups, the full flow system seems to be
>  the
> only "must have".  Look, even JIM does this!
>  Can we get some photo's and the above description of this
>  conversion up
> on the T3 site?
>  Questions:
> For swing axle cars, only fan housing grinding?
> Can you drop the motor easily with all these hoses and filters? What
> does this system go for?

Yes, I believe it is a very good modification.  For the record, I
also believe that the following are also very good things:

Counterbalanced crank

Balanced engine components

Case savers

Late (dual relief valve) engine cases

Steel shims under the valve springs

Dual thrust cam bearings

swivel foot rocker adjusters

My first full flow engine went in my 68.  I built up an engine on a
later case so I could have the larger oil passages and the rear mount
crossbar.  I mounted the filter to the crossbar even though the bar
was only bolted to the engine (68 was the last year before IRS).
Later that same engine went into a 71 and the crossbar started doing
double duty.

Jim
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                         jadney@vwtype3.org