Thanks to all (fwd)

>From: HANSCHNEIR@aol.com

>As a result of  the great advice, I'm going to insure my car for a stated
>value.

As a result of a couple of accidents a couple of years ago I learned two
lessons.  The first was that it doesn't pay to try to argue with the other
guy's insurance company, that's my companys job, and they do a good job of
it without complaining.  Getting your company to go after the other one is
called subrogation, and I found that it worked well and quickly after I had
wasted a year and lots of high blood pressure trying to leave my complay out
of it.  That turned out to be a very stupid thing for me to do; I won't do
it again.

The second was that stated value policys are VERY nice.  When my insurance
company started to complain that my car couldn't possibly be worth that much
I just mentioned that they hadn't minded taking the extra money from me over
the years, so why were they objecting now?  They quickly admitted that I had
a point and paid up.  No hassle, no high blood pressure.

Jim
       jadney@vwtype3.org              jadney@vwtype3.org
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                             Madison, Wisconsin