Distributor Driveshaft Install (from t2 list)

> Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 23:10:23 -0400 (EDT)
> From: David Raistrick <xi8940@FREENET.TLH.FL.US>
> To: Type 3 List <type-3@UMICH.EDU>
> Subject: Distributor Driveshaft Install (from t2 list)

> Allright...kinda long, but it should be worth it..:)

> (ps, credit given to all the original authors, etcetc,  and i take no
> responsibility, blah blah..:)

> <big snip>

> [mm...i woulda swore more were posteed to the list, but maybe
> they got weeded outta the archives...:( ]

> ....david

It all sounded kind of familiar...and now the *rest* of the
story.

After the advice (mostly offlist) and checking this and checking
that, I received no DON'T DO IT warnings.  I only had 4 engines
to look at when I wrote those posts and I've since been blessed
with a pile of 8 or 9 more to investigate.

I went ahead and installed the distributor drive shaft with the
(apparently appropriate) 2 shims and no spacer.  I installed the
engine and with any luck at all this weekend will be the first
start-up.

I will pass along my findings.

-Jim Bryant (Type2 and Type3 listee)