Type 3 window scrapers

To Steve Farmer;
I have a Aug. '93 Hot VW's mag with an article on how to change the
outside window scrapers, and they "sort of" imply that late model Bug
scrapers can be made to fit with a little skill and a lot of patience. I
asked around at the Pompano, Florida on Sunday and one person who's VW
knowledge I respect very much, said that yes the swap is possible, if
you relocate several rivets, and make some small changes in the curve of
the piece.  I have never even thought to attempt this, but I did see
'65+ scrapers out of the box at the show for $24, you can see the
obvious advantage to this. Has anyone heard of or done this swap?
David Walters
'73 Notch