re: tow hooks

I was just thinking about my tow hook today, mainly because of the lousy
lowering job I did a few weeks ago.  Seems I lowered the Squareback too
much.  Looks cool, but the tow hook is "less-than-a-cigarette-pack" from
the ground.  Anyway, I was in too much of a hurry today, and flew down a
hill.  At the bottom was a BIG dip, so needless to say, the impact and
sparks that were created must have looked like the 4th of July...When I
checked my tow hook, I noticed that it was incredibly ground down.  So I
guess you'll have to let me know how it goes withthe ''73 to '67 swap.  I
think i'll just leave mine be, and do without...Hopefully when I lift the
front next weekend, I won't have anymore scraping and grinding problems.

Mark Garcia
'73 Squareback
Santa Barbara, CA USA