Re[4]: Advice on carbs for a Type IV

>From: Toby Erkson <Toby_Erkson@ccm2.hf.intel.com>

>Taken from 'http://www.estinc.com/porsche/FAQ2.5.html'
>
>18) Can I use VW parts on my 914?
>
>Yes, you can.  Quite a few of the parts are VW parts.  Someone is rumored
>to be working on a cross-reference for 914/VW parts.  The 914 uses more or
>less the same Type IV engine that was in the 411, 412, and late Transporter
>(Bus, Vanagon).  Unfortunately for us, it's somewhat "less" than "more".

If you look at the 914 microfilm you will find that some of the parts are in
the VW format and some of them are in the Porsche format.  If it's a VW
number you can just order it by that number from VW.  I also used to be able
to order Porsche parts through my VW dealer, but that ended about ten years
ago when Porsche moved all their parts to a separate US warehouse and
stopped sharing distribution facilities with VW.  Up to that point no one
seemed to care what the part was for.

Jim
       jadney@vwtype3.org              jadney@vwtype3.org
                             Laura Kepner-Adney