battery acid spill

>From: michaelt@hic.net

>anyone know whats the best way to neutralize battery acid? I
>tipped the battery over onto the rea floor and got acid all
>over..dried it up, but it still look like sand in the floor..so
>what do I do to neutralize the acid, so I can repaint the floor?

Use water and baking soda.  As long as you see any fizzing anywhere there is
still an excess of acid.  An excess of baking soda causes no problems, but I
don't know if painting will work.  I use LPS-3, but only after everything
has thoroughly dried.

Jim
       jadney@vwtype3.org              jadney@vwtype3.org
                             Laura Kepner-Adney