Cruise Control

Keith and all Type 3 lovers. This isn't exactly like what you are
talking about regarding cruise controls but read it anyway! I purchased
a few years back an NOS VDO speedo control/cruise warning? gauge which
runs from the back of the speedometer via a 'T' piece and from that the
cable goes to this funny gauge \. On the front of the gauge is a big
knob which can turn from 0 to 100 (mph). The gauge is from 1964 (forget
the month, and is to suit the 'S' Type 3 of which I have one! Say if you
turn the knob to 40 (mph), and I forgot to mention it has a power wire,
an earth and an output which goes to a buzzer, the buzzer comes on at
40mph and above. Sort of a basic warning like my mum's BMW. Whenever I
drive her 325 the buzzer keeps going off for some strange reason.... So
there you have it, another rare accessory that was way ahead of its
time! No I have not put it in the car yet, maybe when and if it ever
gets a full number on the bodywork.

Aaron.
--
                      \|/