No lap mounts

The reason I could't find any rear lapbelt mounts under the seat was
because there are none!  My wife and I went for a walk tonight and I
took a flashlight with me...  There are two late-model squarebacks in my
neighborhood (really) and both had some sort of reinforcment in the
wheel well.  I was lucky as one of the cars is kindof abandoned and had
the rear seat flipped up.  The door was unlocked but Ginger wouldn't let
me climb in for a better look.  It seems rather odd for my '66 to have 2
out of 3 points, but from what ya'll say that's "normal VW".

Peter Parker
Portland, Oregon
'66 Square; Phillip

P.S.  I'm waiting to work on those brakes, as it's raining here and I
must work in the street.  I will be trying Jim's forward/reverse rear
brake centering method next.