Re: "Towel Rail" Bumper Guards.

Patrick Joel Morton wrote:

> T3,
>
> While surfing back through some old issues of VolksWorld, I found a picture
> of a light blue Swiss Notch (year model 1965 - 1967) that had what were
> described as, "towel rail" bumper guards.  These look similar to the bumper
> over riders found on the rear of pre 1967 Beetles - the bars go from the
> over riders to the outside of the bumper.  They are, IMHO, very nice
> looking.
>
> I was wondering if anyone has these on their own pre 1970 TIII, or if
> anyone has ever seen these anywhere else?  I would love to find a set for
> my Square ...
>
> Just a thought.
>
> Patrick
>
> _____________________________________
> P  A  T  R  I  C  K   J  O  E  L   M  O  R  T  O  N
>
> Owner of, "Helmut", a 1963 Pearl White,
> Resto-Cal Custom Volkswagen Beetle &
> "Urs", a 1967 Baltic Blue Squareback,
> which will eat all of my money for years to come ...
>
> E-mail Address:
> patmor@utu.fi
> GSM/Text: +358 40 502 2654
> Fax: +358 2 469 2671
>
> Kasken Linna - Kaskenkatu 1E, 44
> FIN - 20700  TURKU
> S U O M I  F I N L A N D
>
>      "The older I become, the farther away I am from the
>      potential that I once had."
>                                      -- Patrick J. Morton

Going back aways, I saw some pictures of these in the 'rararest of the
rare" section of the vintage issue of Hot VW's (July '88).  The caption
read that the car ('62 notch) was featured in the previous years vintage
issue.  My mags don't go back that far.  So the whole car would be in
the July '87 issue.

Charlie
Avon  Connecticut
'67 Square