Re: "Towel Rail" Bumper Guards.

> I have seen a picture of a similar '62 (i think) Notch in one of the US VW
> mags a few years ago. It was done by either Bill or Steve of "Bill and
> Steve's." It had many rare accessories, including the bumper overiders and
> some sort of dual tone horn. They do or did exhist...
>
> Graham
> '69 Square (former)

Hey,

I think I remember that car and the owner, Dave Gallase (sp). Blue with
white top right?  Dave  was always hanging out at Bill and Steve's in
the mid 80's.  Even worked behind the counter for free sometimes.  Great
guy.  Worked at Russ's Air Cooled junkyard in So Cal.

As I recall, those overriders were Type 3 accessories.  He even found
them NOS.

--
Paul Colbert
pcolbert@sierra.net