AT Vacuum Modulator

Jim -

Forgot to ask you this wehn you came back and it popped in my head last night.  You told me how to build a pressure gauge
setup for adjusting the vacuum modulator on a auto tranny.  I was unable to get a new modulator but had one from a dead tranny
that had the same yellow band on it.  I followed the Bently procedure and everything was fine until the last part where it says to
hook the vacuum line back up and the throttle pressure should be 5 psi.  I had more like 20 psi.  I test drove the car and it seems
to be fine and the modulator is not leaking.  My question is, do I have the wrong modulator for this tranny?  It is possible since
this is not the orginal tranny and I don't know the year car it came out of that this tranny is not suppose to have the yellow banded
modulator.  Or do I have some other problem, ie is this modulator about to die or I dare not say it, that something is amiss
internal in the tranny.  Also do you still have a source for the modulators?  Thanks in advance.

Craig Woolston
'70 Sqback and '71 Fastback
S. Calif.
cwoolsto@ladc.lockheed.com