re: Type III Books

>From: Jlpwolf@aol.com

>I never see anyone mention the Henry Elfrink, Volkswagen Type 3 Technical
>Manual.  Is he on the "outs" with everyone in T3 land? Un-useful info? Too
>obscure?
>I'm a bit of a newbie trying to figure out what others think of his book.
> Thanks for the input.

I don't think the Elfrink book is bad, it's just not nearly as good as the
Bentley.  Frankly, I buy everything I come across, but I don't come across
much anymore.  Since most people want to just invest in 1 manual, it might
as well be a reliable one.  To be fair, there are a few errors even in the
Bentley, but it is still the clear winner in the competition.

Jim
       jadney@vwtype3.org              jadney@vwtype3.org
                             Laura Kepner-Adney
                             Madison, Wisconsin