Was running rich...

Well my '71 FI Fastback was starting to go through more than it's fair share of gasoline and the spark plugs were pretty fouled.
So I put a meter on the battery and it was only showing about 12.5 volts.  So I got a new Bosch voltage regulator (Jim, I wish you
would starting building these things) and got the voltage up to 14 volts at the battery.  But the car still seams to idle to fast a
startup.  After it warms up it is fine, but at startup, regardless of outside air temperature it is idling at about 1700 rpm.  After it
warms up it is at about 800 rpm (automatic).  Any suggestions?
Craig Woolston
'70 Sqback (no windshield, quietly waiting to get back on the road)
'71 Fastback (daily driver, which likes to start the morning very fast)
S. Calif.
cwoolsto@ladc.lockheed.com